View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 08:48 AM

barberc6864 has a spectacular aura aboutbarberc6864 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: St. Croix Triumph - Nice Surprise

I just got my 8'6" 5wt Triumph from Cabela's in the mail. Although I am new to fly fishing, I have done many different types of fishing over the years and have owned many spinning and baitcasting rods and this rod is definetly of high quality. The graphite is sensitive and the rod is well balanced with a good finish. No gaps or globs of glue and well worth every penny of $50. I would expect a graphite spinning rod of equal quality to easily cost $70-$80 or even more. I can't wait for my reel to show up so I can get out and start practicing. I know that it is hard to tell without actually casting or catching a fish, but I really like the action of this rod. It has a good stiff backbone but yet fairly quick flexible tip section that should make casting easier and fighting fish a blast.

Thanks to the forum members who put me on to this steal. If anyone is thinking of getting into FFing or wants a good back-up that won't break the bank I highly recomend picking one up before they are gone.