View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 12:02 AM

moe b has a spectacular aura aboutmoe b has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Madison/Gallitin (PICS) Winter 2010

Technically I was 'fly fishing'.

I had it down to a science over the past week; I'd rig up the night before, drive the half-hour to the Madison, and be in my waders waist-deep within the time most guys arrived at work ..(I'm still unemployed); .....the only problem was no one told the fish?

Because of this I got a little 'artsy fartsy' with my camera and well.....

Here's what the Madison looks like when your not there, and the fish aren't either?

Click the image to open in full size.

That's Suzie (my Brit) and Mocha (my GSP)...get used to seeing them; they have a way of making it into nearly every shot I have ...doing just about everything I do one this earth?...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Then its back to "local waters" of the Gallatin (just 2 miles from home).
...Funny enough, I wasn't on this NAFF a day before I made a contact locally and unbelieveably I mentioned over the phone: "I'd seen some fresh foot-prints on the Gallatin recently, while crossing over a bridge", only to be told the prints I saw belonged to the young man himself?

Thus, with a little info about secluded pools, a couple "green and red patterns that should work", I made my way down the sketchy trail with anchor ice everywhere; following the guys' footsteps in the snow the whole way....?

Even though I didn't catch any I did get a hit that made me wonder whether it was "him"?
HIM being that 'predatory brown' an entire thread has been devoted too and was once seen "carrying a 6" rainbow in its jaws?"
I had on a large mouse pattern at the time and no matter how many times I threw it back it him, he never bit again?

This is why I went back to shooting 'artsy farsty' stuff for the rest of the afternoon...enjoy.

I didn't get him this time, but God willing one of us will soon; and my only wish is I'm there with my camera when we do?

Moe