View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 11:36 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fly rod for the wife? need some ideas?

That makes that rod a youth model (besides color) is the small grip. If that works for her, there's your start.

If I'm going to play the statistics from last year's sales at the shop, I would probably grab a 9 foot 5 weight 4 piece Scott A3. It's a mid flex rod that is very forgiving, yet it has some zing when it's needed. Many rookie women seemed to cast better with this rod than any other rod in the price point.

If the $335 price point of the Scott A3 doesn't work for you, look at the Redington Classic Trout rods. They are mid flex rods like the Scott, but much more forgiving. Personally, I like this rod as a dry fly rod, but it can do other tasks. Check out the sponsor site, reelflyrod.com, for Redington CT combinations. These rod, reel, and line combinations cost much less than a Scott A3.

MP