View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 08:17 AM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fly rod for the wife? need some ideas?

I understand the price issue and the not sure if will stick with it, but you have to look at it this way.
I have seen allot of interested Fly Fishers turned off because the gear was not right, too heavy, to short, to stiff....basically, they had to work too hard, they lost interest quickly.

I love Purple and I agree, it would be cool to have a Purple rod, but it has to be the right rod, or just a waste of time and money.

Your step daughter would benefit much more with at least an 8 1/2'. Like mentioned, lifting line off water and mending.

I would say maybe look at Walmart for a combo in your price range, but I have a friend that did that for his wife and not only did she hate it, he did too.
He ended up getting a beginner model from Sportsman's Warehouse, and wife not only took to it, but out fishes him.