View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What fly was your first Trout caught on?

As I said in the other thread like this, it was a cheap K-Mart fly I have never found an name for. It was a dry fly with red hackle tail, a silver tinsel body, white wings (slips tied upright) , and a teal blue hackle (tied before and possibly after the wings). I'm not sure if it was meant to be a wet or dry fly, but I used it as a dry. I still remember it like it was yesterday, the fly only drifted 4 or 5 feet before this fat football of a Brook Trout came up and smashed the fly. If anyone knows the name of that fly I would appreciate it if you would let me know. Up till now I've just called it "some cheap Chinese fly".