View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad new for fishermen from OBAMA

Very well put Rip Tide and barber.
I absolutely agree. This is more about protecting/enhancing our waters/ecosystems, and passing on what valuable resources we have left to future generations. With particular emphasis being placed upon The Great Lakes Region and our Coastal Area's. Both of which have been big targets for Industry and Developement.

Whether or not you agree with other current policies from the Obama Administration. This is one we should all be onboard with and making sure to keep the current administration on task.

A couple of months ago I had looked into this further and had at that time seen nothing in the '9 Priority Objectives' from the task force that prompted any alarm.
Here in a link for the 'Interagency Ocean Policy Task Force' Interrum Report with the '9 Priority Objectives' listed on pg 7. Remember these are only recommendations with nothing set in policy as of yet.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/assets/doc...rce_FINAL2.pdf

This is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*