View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 08:29 AM

barberc6864 has a spectacular aura aboutbarberc6864 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: First trip of the year/ever (IA)

I was just downstream from the hatchery, just past the wall. The area that just gets pounded all year long. I think that added to my enjoyment knowing I got a couple hits in an area that is heavily fished.

I also found what appears to be a pretty good hatch charts for the streams in Iowa at flyfishingcommunity.com. It has seperate charts for all of the streams in Iowa. I'm not sure if it is just the same chart for all streams, but it seems to be a pretty extensive lists and even gives formulas for tying a lot of the flies. I figure it is at least a great starting point for a beginner like me.

Next week is spring break and I hope to get out a couple times if the weather and water levels are willing to cooperate.

Does anyone familiar with the waterloo/cedar falls area know where I can find fly fishing gear, and more specifically strike indicators? I tried Scheel's and they didn't have anything. I'm hoping to maybe find some at the sports show at the UNI-Dome this weekend.