View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Keep or Release ??

Quote:
Plus the market fish are usually farm raised and taste much better anyway.
STEVE! Come on! Pellet fed fish over wild ones? I'll take the wild ones anyday.

That being said, it has been quite a while since I ate a fish I caught. I mostly agree that I would rather let the local fishmonger deal with the messiness of filet prep, but a freshly caught fish from clean water that's cooked before freezing is worth the effort in my book. I can't understand catching a boatload to then have to spend hours cleaning and then throw them in the freezer though.

Regarding both collecting fish for food and trophies, I would rather not have the hassle of keeping the carcass suitable for either, and also would rather that fish still be available for somebody else to catch. The one's that would make the best trophies, are the most prolific breeders of the most talented young-uns anyway.

I'd just rather get back to fishing and not have to tote around carcasses. If you want a trophy mount made, take multiple pictures of it, get a length and girth measurement, and slide it back into the water.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.