View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: WXNW '10 (Hill Country trip report)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
Great report and pics Big,the canyon area is beautiful...surprising it's not very fishful
The water in there was a little too fast to hold too many that day. Under normal conditions its likely prime, especially when its hot and the feesh need some shade.

Quote:
Thanks Cliff, that is a great report. That is awful clear water for Texas unless it is a tail water. At least compared to the rivers I saw when I was there.

Frank
Glad you enjoyed it.

That river tends to stay fairly clear, but the conditions on that day made it even moreso: most algae died off after a colder than usual winter, recent near-flooding washed out lots of accumulated crud, and the river had been slowly dropping over the past 3 weeks to let it settle down even more. Its rained since then and likely has muddied back up a bit. When more stagnant and warm in the summer it looks more like this- Gray day on the Medina

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.