View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Best Rod Overall

Make sure you cast it first. Still better, find a shop with a good casting instructor and have him consult on which rod you would be best off with. A good casting instructor can watch you cast rods and tell you which one is best suited to your casting stroke. Feel free to take it with a grain of salt if he insists on the most expensive rod, but its always possible that is your best option. (This has made Sage the company they are today.)

On rods- The Sage SLT mantioned above is a wonderful rod that casts smoothly but with good progressive power, and Sage's warranty care is among the best I've worked with. That being said, a Scott G2 might be a much better fit for your casting stroke. Scott's e2 is another fine option that is cheaper than my other 2 sugg's. Temple Fork really does make some fine rods that are worth trying for a much cheaper option. Beulah's Guide series are FANTASTIC for the money, though they are a little trickier to "figure out". But my favorite 5wt "Budget Rod" has to be the ECHO 1 series. Its a 4pc 9' 5wt that casts really nice and has a unlimited lifetime warranty. Echo 5wt fly rod fly fishing gear

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.