View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 07:52 AM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fly line color, does it matter?

my .02:

as Jimmie said-- in dark(er) conditions, black is the color of choice-- seems counter-intuitive, but black has the best 'profile'.... (read: more definition-- easier to see) so, a black line would be the same-- mo' visible.....

Also agree with you, Dan-- lighter against the sky (white or sky blue) seems like a better bet than black.....

Also-- (blanketed statement coming up) with all of the 'technology' that manufacturers put into gear for this sport, does it seem reasonable that color of fly line was overlooked? or is completely arbitrary? I think they have found the combination of least visible for fish and most visible for the guy throwing the line.....

Also Dan, tell you friend I have a bridge in NY City that I'd be willing to sell him if the price is right....

///edit/// To answer your question in the title "Fly line color, does it matter?' the answer is yes-- you ain't catching fish with black.....