View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 09:40 PM

countr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud of
Default South Boulder Creek, what is this?

I hiked the Walker Ranch Loop just west of Boulder on March 16th and 18th. I also fished South Boulder Creek for a couple of hours both days and ran into a great midge hatch and the browns and rainbows were rising everywhere. I am not an experienced fly fisherman so I don't know the names of the flies I used, but I used two. Both were drys. One looked like a mosquito (black) and the other looked just like a few midge bugs I caught bouncing around on the water (gray). I incl a picture of it.

I caught one nice Brown, but mostly I just hooked into smaller Rainbows. All of the Rainbows I caught looked like the one in the pictures. Is this a cutbow? All Rainbows I've caught in the past always had silver sides. This Rainbow almost looks like a Cutthroat with a red stripe running down the side. What kind of trout is this exactly?

Click the image to open in full size.