View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 10:44 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone have experience with Redington's customer service?

Stasher,

I wouldn't worry about it. I am one of the guys who purposely cocks the guides 45 degrees off (to the right). By doing this, I get none of the "haul jam" on long casts that happens nearly every time I cast a long line with the guides facing the way they are supposed to be.

"Haul jam" is when the line stops dead in the guides on the forward cast about 3/4 of the way through the haul. It was a competition distance caster who told me about this remedy.

Click the image to open in full size.

It still works fine while fighting even large fish. I grabbed this frame from a video I was taking while catching this fish. You will notice that the stripping guide is angled off to the right.

However, you need to tighten the ferrules very tight so as not to either break the rod or cast part of it in the water. After a day in the hot sun, it sometimes is necessary to wrap the male side of the ferule with a package of frozen black eyed peas to get the sections apart.

Cheers,
Jim

Last edited by wjc; 03-21-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Add Pic