View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 03:14 PM

Flywgn will become famous soon enoughFlywgn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fishing trip to Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by skubutz View Post
Hi,

Looking for everyone's secret fishing spots in Idaho
.......my buddy and I would like to take a trip there in late June and are looking for rivers and streams off the beaten path. Never been so don't really know what to expect. Any takers?
Hi skubutz;

Welcome

I agree with everything that mcnerney wrote, but with the caveat that Idaho is a B-I-G state, over 700 miles from my house (near Twin Falls) to the Canadian border and over 400 miles across. You won't go wrong, or be disappointed, if you concentrate over in the southeastern portion...Henry's Fork and South Fork areas. You can then fish the Park too. Of course, if it's steelhead on the fly you want, you'll have to come over to the Salmon River (biggest steelhead run in recent memory) or head up to the Clearwater drainage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilrowe
Greetings all

I am a new member from Cape Town, South Africa. In early May I will be in LA on a business trip and want to fly up to Idaho Falls to explore the area and do some flyfishing....
And a welcome to you, too, Neil. There are quite a few accommodations in and around Idaho Falls and in the Island Park area. You can even rent equipment if you don't want to bring it along on your trip. There are a couple of lodges that offer guide services as well. It sort of depends on what you're looking for. Perhaps you can PM me with details...same for skubutz, too, if you want.'

DISCLAIMER: I have no affiliation with guides, lodges, restaurants, clothing companies, tackle companies, or any such. Just an ol' flyfisher that hasn't cast his last line yet.

You might notice my dearth of posts. It's not because I don't like this forum, I do, it's just that I spend most of my time fly-fishing, wing-shooting, tying flies, loading shells, and keeping my wife happy.

Allen R