View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 07:06 PM

ia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some what fishing related: "Meals on Wheels."

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrich99 View Post
facility

Hope Meals on Wheels somehow manages to survive; program helped a few people I used to know. And I'm pretty sure MoW is staffed almost entirely by volunteers. I did a summer internship with them when I was a teenager.
I don't have any real need to know the details. I was just curious. It's been in the news of course with the budget talks. Mostly it is not funded by FED dollars from what I am reading. MOW is a big nationwide operation and if all the meals are delivered by volunteers, well that is a LOT of volunteers.

My church puts on a dinner meal every Wednesday for the less fortunate. My wife and I go bus tables which is no big sacrifice. The folks that actually prep the meal are there all afternoon, and more time on another day getting food from a local pantry. The logistics of feeding just 100 people is pretty enormous.