View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 06:03 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default Re: Rafters Vs. Fisherman

Interesting article, People need to step back and look at both sides of this issue. I believe the companies offering the raft trips probably have a fairly hefty user fee assessed on them by the state and or the feds, if not they should. Here in MI the liveries have to have a state license and if their activity takes place on waters within the National Forest system they pay a fee for that also.

Here they are also limited to set times they can put people on the water; something like 9:00 AM til 2:00 PM, this does alleviate some of the problems. I've been on the river in May when fishing is best in the afternoon, and gone through the continual "hows the fishing?" or some variation of it. Annoying, yes; but if it's a warm day you see lots of eye candy, which isn't too bad...

One interesting little point I did note, the ranch owner offers raft trips to his guests; just not on the section of river he owns property on. That is just a tad hypocritical to me...

My $0.02 worth,

Dan