View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafters Vs. Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
I make part of my living floating public and private water in a drift boat. There will always be opposition between land owners and water users where private property is concerned. I myself act professionally and courteously on the water toward everybody. We live in a world of limited resources. Learn to share or be miserable. If the rafters in the article don't wise up and learn to get along they will ultimately lose there resource. They need to work with the land owner on an acceptable compromise. One I can think of is to get access to launch their rafts from the lower end of his property so as not to float through his fishing water and upsetting his clients in an attempt to satisfy their own.
Davo: Well said, I couldn't agree more! If the rafting companies don't learn to respect other users of the resource they will ultimately be locked out. We saw it happen in UT just a few days ago.

Larry