View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Booby Fly Won't Float

I would change the body material to something more buoyant. If the material I settled on was able to be dyed I would make it whatever color I needed to complete the patterns. Sounds like the foam heads should be OK but the marabou is going to get wet and sink as will the chenille body so........................... the body will be your area of concern because the marabou is important for its undulating appeal.

An afterthought; Spun deer hair may be your answer. I have never seen one of the flies you are tying but spun deer is one of the best natural materials there is for flotation. One more thing, welcome to the group. I see this is your first post, I hope you will do an intro and tell us where you are and what other species you fish for.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;