View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 09:18 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Re: Orlando area in August - your top tips!

Frank is right on both counts. If your staying inside a Disney park they do guide. A few friends have tried it and were quite satisfied, reasonably priced considering.

I didn't mean go out in the storms, they can be heavy and electric. They pass rather quickly and the cooler water from the rain goes down the water column a little after (turn over). Can happen between 20 min to an hour after a good downpour. If you feel the ambient temp drop some after, its usually a good bet the water will turn. Sometimes it brings action...especially when it happens (rain stops) a couple to three hours before dark. Top water action with BIG poppers....

ALSO big hint....when fishing around cannals and...well...being around florida water, please keep your eye out for those BIG lizards. Nothing messes a back cast or a Golf back swing more than an 600lb gator coming of a bank into the water right next to you. I lived right on Little lake harris (40 miles west of Orlando) in the small retirement community of Howey-In-The-Hills for 9 years. Had a house boat on the St. John's (Lake Mary) for 4 years. I can count the times I didn't see a gator when summer fishing on two hands. Nothing to be afraid of really and shouldn't stop you....but nothing you want to surprise or step on either. I used about the same amount of care as I do snakes when fishing streams. Only a couple times did I ever feel threatn'd and nothing happened ever..but they've startled me bad so many times I'm sure it shortened my life some. All they ever want to do is get in the water away from you...so just don't get between em and the water.