View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile A river runs....downstairs!

My friend Jan is a lucky angler...he has a C&R section just in front of his flat....he can watch the trout from his balcony !! put on his waders ,take the lift or the stairs and be on the water!!A few weeks ago he called me to invite me.Jan is an old friend but we don’t meet as often as we’d like to.Jan took part in flyfishing competitions for years(France champion twice, World champion once…among others)I know people on the forum don’t like flyfishing competitions…I don’t either, but Jan is not only a great fisherman he’s a nice guy who’s always done his best to promote and teach flyfishing to teenagers as well as to protect fish and environment..So it was a great pleasure for me to spend a day fishing with him.As the trout are over fished on nymph and get spooky we both fished on dry…that was the good choice,we could land at least fifteen bows between 40 and 55 cm which fought bravely before being in the net.The weather was perfect,the water clear and the fish active,Jan's wife had cooked a good lunch for us… and after a while you forget you're fishing in town...certainly one of my best outings of the season
View from Jan's balcony
Click the image to open in full size.
Jan with a plump bow.
JP with a....smaller bow
The river before we left.