View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: A Very Effective Cast;

Hey guy's,

I need to mention that this is not something of my own design. I have been a streamer fisherman for a long time and in the mid 90's I got hold of a video marketed by Doug Swisher. It was about his techniques for streamer fishing for big trout. It was in this presentation that I first saw this cast used.

I was duly impressed with the concept (it helped that Doug hooked a big brown while demonstrating the cast) that I began to practice using it to reach difficult trout on Pennsylvania's Spring Creek. I can say unequivocally that once mastered, the technique works great. When it is used as the set up for a Greased line presentation to down stream targets it is an Ace in the hole, no pun intended.

Ard