View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: High water levels

Glass,

I have been feeling the gravel being eroded from under my feet for a long time, no worries mate. When I lived in Pennsylvania I always welcomed high water in spring. It seemed that the increased flows kept the number of fish caught by those anglers who would be keeping fish down.

The pre season stocking of waters, even those that held a population of wild fish ensured an inordinate number of fishermen during the first two weeks or so. This often resulted in many fine wild and holdover fish being removed rather than being released. The high water conditions helped to keep the harvest down thus providing better fishing through the balance of the season. At least it seemed this way to me. As April gave way to May many people loose the opening day vigor that drives them for those first three weekends or so.

Better days are coming,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;