View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 06:21 PM

RookieBob is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Central Florida

Hello there from Cocoa, Fl., new member who is trying to get into fly fishing, but not really sure I will get a chance. I planned a vacation to Cherokee, N.C. for the second week in May. After reading about all the activities and places to go in that area, I got to thinking about fly fishing for trout. Seems to be a big thing up there. I have fished in the past, just not much since moving here to central Florida. I sold my boat before moving here and just didn't get around to buying a new one so the fishing opportunities were scarce. The more I looked into fly fishing, the more I decided it would be good in Cherokee, but not so good around here. I have no interest in catching bream around here, bass fishing requires a boat, so does the Redfish which is getting ready to be regulated away. I am still trying to get interested, thought maybe I should lurk around here for a while, might just pick up some more info or maybe a rod. I am still going to Cherokee, thought I might get my son interested in fishing, but he is only four, I might not be too successful. But we will give it a try while we are up there.