View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Ard's Leech

When I first came to Alaska the majority of my gear and all of my tying tools and materials were in storage and awaiting transport. So I went to a shop and bought some flies. One of those patterns was the venerable Egg Sucking Leech. I used it for silver salmon when fall rolled around and the flies caught a bunch of fish. After getting my tying gear here I made a few tweaks to the pattern and am still using it on both silvers and trout.

Leech;

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Tying one;

Hook: This is a single salmon 1/0
Body: Black chenille
The Leech: A strip of bunny fur dyed black and lashed on top of the chenille
The Egg: Two pieces of bright orange egg yarn, one top, one bottom. Stretch them and trim them to form the head.

This is another KISS pattern, easy and very effective.