View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Sunshine Su;

By now you have guessed that I just make this up as I go. I tie flies and then each year I go to see what will catch a fish. This tie is meant to be fished in the riffles and I know right where to test it. I understand that not all our members have either all the materials that I use in some of my creations or have reached the level of tying where these would be fun to produce. I post them to the list to inspire you to experiment and expand your fly tying horizons. I hope it's working.

Sunshine Su;

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Tie it;

Hook: I use Partridge Bartleet #4 here
Tag: Flat gold tinsel
Tip: Claret floss long
Tail: Crest feather of an Amherst Pheasant
Butt; Black ostrich
Mid body: Orange yellow floss
Front body: Dark claret dubbing
Hackle: A bright yellow spey hackle palmered over the claret dubbing and collared back
Ribbing: Medium French Braid silver over the mid body and covering the feather quill for strength
Throat: Very dark red / claret hackle fibers long and soft
Wing: Golden Pheasant tail matched sections