View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 11:31 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Micro Pratice Rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
Anyone use a Micro Practice Rod to practice their casting? I think Echo and Joan Wulff make one. I need to do something to get in more practice and lose the tailing loops.
Jimmie: Quit working and become a fishing bum! With all the time you will have your casting is bound to improve! LOL!
Seriously: No I have never used a micro rod, might be a good idea to use for practice. You might try shortening your casting stroke a little with a hard stop on the back cast and then again on the forward cast. If your stroke is too long, it will tend to cause a tailing loop. People have a tendency to lengthen the casting stroke in an attempt to cast further. Try shortening the stroke and let the rod load slightly before coming forward on the forward stroke.

Larry