View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 11 Mile Canyon 4/02/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatahey View Post
Congratz on the toothy critter. I talked by email with the DOW biologist for the S Platte last week about pike in 11 mile canyon. He said with the ice melting first at the dam, the pike are sunning themselves in the warming open water. Many (estimated 500-800) get washed over the spillway and into the river. He said this happens every year but I've never noticed it before, and he said they won't stay long and will make their way down river to the lakes at Lake George.
There is no size or bag limit on pike in the river and can be kept even in the C&R area.
I've seen pics of pike over 40" on another board in the last couple weeks.
Yat: Thanks for sharing the information, I had never heard of Pike in the canyon but then I haven't fished there since the 80's.

Larry