View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 10:10 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The torture pump works again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2Fish View Post
MP,

How much better is the LVM pump than an off-the-shelf DC-powered air pump you can get at Harbor Freight or Walmart for a tenth of the price of an LVM?
An LVM pump can fill a 10 foot pontoon in 45 seconds. Off the shelf pumps are not as fast. It puts more pressure in the bladders, too.

LVM pumps last longer. The motors in the off the shelf models don't last quite as long. I have one that is going on 5 years now. I use it on both my pontoon and float tube. Between those watercraft, that is roughly 30 days of use each year.

MP