View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: The torture pump works again!

Hi Fly2Fish,

If you are asking about the pumps that Harbor Freight sells for blowing up vehicle tires then they won't work. You need a high volume pump to work with the Halkey-Roberts type valves used on inflatable boats/pontoons. If HF is selling a high volume pump for blowing up certain types of air mattress then they may work for a while. I would be concerned about the HF pump longevity. The pumps made to inflate inflatable boats will tell you when you have enough air pressure. I have been using a LVM pump for eighteen years with no problem.

In Alaska I used a foot pump for blowing up a twelve foot Zodiac. The foot pump took way longer and two people to pump up the Z. When you fly to a remote location the foot pump was the best available at that time.

Frank