View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 08:13 AM

Lambster has a spectacular aura aboutLambster has a spectacular aura about
Default If you were designing a Trout stream what would it be like?

I've been alot of wonderful streams all over the United States but often wondered why Anglers would pick a certain stream, for what reasons which would bring them back and back to the same stream. If you the Angler could pick out or design your stream what would you put in or what kind of makeup would you use to make it your stream?

I look back over the 35yrs. of my fishing state to state and I'f I were to design a stream to my exspectations this is what it would look like........

A good sound bed of mixed gravels, medium river rock.....without the slickness so you wouldn't fall so much....... medium but not to steep a gradient so you could wade safer....... alot of deep pockests and riffle water with soft water along the edges...... good tree cover to Keep the hot sun off me so I can enjoy the day..... good stream habitat with alot of great bug hatches....... and a good assortment of good sized trout....lets say 17 inches or better! I thank the good Lord for all the wonderful streams I've been on and for the nice friends that I've met through the years! Godbless! Tight Lines!
Lambster