Thread: Fly whores?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 09:02 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fly whores?

Those cheap prices keep me from trying to sell on ebay. No way could I make money...and I don't think increased quality would sell there. I have a few friends that buy from me at I must say somewhat higher prices but mine start out looking better and last longer. I also have a deal with them that if they bring me one that's fallen apart, I'll retie it on the same hook for them for free.

A dozen here and there helps pay for my skin orders. I got a few takers this year for a couple dozen each by handing flies free to guys streamside with my card (email addy). I tell them how to fish what ever it is and where I'm camped. We'll see how that works through the summer....

So far, the response has been positive with comments leaning towards "a few quality flies, proven, are worth the price", and "small quality flies are hard to find". So I focus on smaller sizes and tight quality ties. priced 3.50 -> $5 each.

If it gets to be too much like work though, I'll quit pimpin.