View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 10:38 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ethics question, and your favorite small stream

I know a woman that carries pruning shears. She's a senior, and doesn't wade much. I've pulled down some hanging branches where there's a single branch
in the way of another otherwise clear lane. Most of the streams and lakes I fish are part of state, county, and even national parks. I don't feel comfortable messing with the landscape work on public property, so I try to work around such things. I did watch 3 guys make a 20 foot wide opening along the bank of a county lake last Fall.... After they finished removing a huge amount of bushes, they hauled the back seat of a car to their new porch by the lake, and began fishing. This was on a path that sees plenty of daily foot traffic, and that car seat is still there.....???

Fishing lines in trees are another story. I'll cross chin deep water to cut that nonsense down, and even pack it out. There's something about 100 bobbers and nine miles of 30lb test dangling from a tree that rubs me the wrong way.