View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 12:10 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Go-to color for glo-bugs?

What is interesting is that Steelhead will take the same nymphs that Rainbow Trout take. The fly sizes can range from size 2 stonefly patterns to size 18 mayflies. You may want to check with some of the local shops for their preferences.

Even though I mostly swing for Steelhead, I have a lot of confidence in Prince Nymphs and the variations of it in many Northern California and Southern Oregon waters. I usually carry them from size 8 to size 12. Over the past few years, a purple size 12 Mercer's Psycho Prince was the hot fly on the Trinity River in Northern California.

You may want to check on your local regulations. There are some waters that do not allow external weight to be used. I believe the Upper Rogue is like that during part of the year. In that case, be sure to have some tungsten beaded flies.

MP