View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 01:07 PM

2PawsRiver will become famous soon enough
Default Looking for a contact in Denver

My wife and I are looking to fly into Denver, then make our way a couple hours west. I was thinking Grand Lake and then doing a 5 day hike in the area, catching part of the Continental Divide. Looks like there is some good access to streams and lakes and a moderate trail with some options that could put us in the 15-20 mile range.

Just trying to keep costs down, not cheap, just poor., and I hate to rent a car just to have it sit for a week.

Looking for some input on Public Transportation. Is there a bus system there we could catch from Denver out to Grand Lake, then back.

Anyhow if there is anybody in the area that has some info on transportation options as well as the area itself I would appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

As a follow up to my original post, I spoke with the chamber of commerce in Grand Lake and there is no public transportion and only one shuttle....."Home James" to the tune of $85 each one way. It would run us 340 dollars to shuttle back and forth. I'm thinking I might be cheaper to get a rental car.