View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Spoonflies for Redfish

Those look quite alot like some that I've been tying, so I'll shed some light on some problems I've had with mine: I'd recommend tying the mono farther down the bend of the hook, so you can get more of a cupped shape that will aid in the wobble. Another trick is to the ends in on the point side of the shank. This puts the the two sides of the mono frame further off line from the hook shank, increasing the cupping of the shape.

I've been using this stuff Aleene’s Fabric Fusion caseysmartt.com, which allows you to mix in any color glitter you like. I've found a prismatic silver that's really cool, and have also been mixing a little UV pearl micro glitter into copper for some bluish fleck mixed in. I think you'd find it to be very similar to the latex stuff you've been using. If you tie with mono thread it basically disappears just like when using epoxy.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.