View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Galvan Rush Fly Reel

Hi mhclayton,

I see no one answered so I will tell you what I know. The Rush is the same basic reel as the Torque reel. The Rush doesn't have the fancy machining that the Torque reel has. I have not fished the Torque or the Rush but I was able to Compare a Torque and a OB-3. I thought the OB-3 had a better feel to it and I would prefer to have the OB-3 instead of the other two reels. I think you have a great reel for the price and you will enjoy it. It will serve you well for what you intend. You didn't say what size the Rush is. For Alaska you could get by with the OB-3 on a 6 weight. You would only have 50 yards of backing but that would work. If you used a Super Braid line for backing you can just about double that. Where will you be fishing in Alaska?