Thread: Pike on the fly
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 12:34 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pike on the fly

Disclaimer: I have not fished for Northern Pike.

When I fished for Spanish Mackerels in the Philippines, I had a class leader/bite tippet setup. Connected to my integrated shooting head was a three foot long butt section with a loop on the end. Looped to my butt section was a three foot class tippet of 12 pound test mono. Albright knotted to that was a two foot section of 15 pound test Tyger Leader wire as the bite tippet.

The beauty of Tyger Leader wire is that it holds knots. During my outings, I never had any knot failures. My tippet to fly connection was a Kreh's Loop Knot.

Like I said. I have not fished for Northern Pike. Maybe a leader system like this might work for you.

MP