View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 03:29 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many of you have broken rods while casting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasher1 View Post

I was trying to save a couple bucks by buying an inexpensive rod and it appears to have bit me on the butt. Might need to look into something in the $150 range like a TFO Pro or Sig., Redington RS4, or possibly another Redington CT. Something with a lifetime warranty...
I had a Redington RS3, and while it was a nice rod (closeout price of $99!), it seemed a bit stiff for my tastes. The Redington CT has received some glowing
reports here, and I know that the folks at Redington answer the phone instantly. I've had similar instant phone contact with Sage, St. Croix, and even Diamondback, with no problems being connected to a tech or CS person.

*Actually, I had two RS3 rods. The RS4 is supposed to be stiffer, and I don't
know if that'll be something you want in a 3wt.......