View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 05:57 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many of you have broken rods while casting?

I've broken 3 rods while casting..... all three on the first day of use. They were obviously defective and I had no problem replacing them.
Other rods that I've broken (and that's quite a few) I've either fixed myself, or stripped for parts.
IMO, rod warranties drive up rod prices, promote carelessness, and allow people who tire of their rods to just snap them over their knee and get new ones, and every year if they please..... and on your and my nickle.
The whole rod warranty system (as started by Orvi$ in the late 70's) was a huge mistake. People need to take some personal responsibility and either take care of their gear or deal with it