View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 08:54 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What line for float tubing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoo View Post
I fish from a tube 99% of the time, and I fish with an intermediate sinking line 50% of the time. It's great for using any pattern as you can suspend unweighted flies very easily. Just stop stripping. The other 50% of the time I use a floating line for fishing with an indicator, dry flies, long-lining, and topwater fishing. I always carry two rods with me in the tube and everyone I know who fishes stillwaters does the same. WAY easier than trying to deal with sink tip kits etc.

I recently bought the Cortland Change-a-tip, used it for one trip, took it off. It's awful and doesn't go through the guides as well as they said it would. It kind of chunks through the guides. So I'd stick with a full sink type 3, intermediate, and a floating, if I were to bring three rods.

Nick
What he said!

MP