View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 07:43 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New Fly-Tying Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Fly2,

I have been using a jewelers lamp with magnifier since 94'. These are not portable but offer the magnifier lens and light both. they can be had for around 29.99 - $40.00. Since you travel to fish and may find yourself needig to tie on site the setup you have posted may be perfect for you. Just add a pair of 2.5 X reading glasses for those pesky size 22's and you're good to go...............
Ard,

Any idea where to get those? The price is definitely right. I've had a MacKenzie light/magnifier unit that attaches to the vise stem, but never thought the magnifier was worth the bother. Light's great, but reading glasses (yes, 2.5X fit me just right too) seem to work a lot better than the small rectangular MacKenzie magnifier does. But light's the main thing.

Neil