View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: stripping glove or finger guard

Mojo,

Yeah I gotta agree, that was a big King. You can't weigh the ones that get away but I'm thinking 45 - 55 lbs. I was about 500 yards from the salt and at first he just sulked on the bottom of the very fast run I hooked him in. Then he did the porpoise thing a couple times and I put the rod to him. That's when the fish took off like a shot headed back toward the Inlet. I have almost 300 yds. of backing on the reel and he darn near spooled me out. I did that drunken, stumbling run through the cobblestone trying to catch up but............... In the end I had to point the rod at the line and snap the leader.

It wasn't until awhile later that I realized that I dam near sawed off a digit at the joint.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;