Thread: Mini-Swaps
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 08:28 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mini-Swaps

Bluebird (Cesar) and I just finished up a mini-swap and it was a lot of fun.

There were only two of us in it, so to stay with the typical 12 fly swap format, we each tied up two flies for 6 different patterns. At the end, we sent each other one of the two flies from each pattern and now we have 12 new flies; 6 that we tied up ourselves and 6 that came from the other swap member.

It struck me that this mini-swap approach would work for 2, 3, 4 or 6 tyers. If two tyers, then it's two each of 6 different patterns (as above for the mini-Salmon fly swap). If three, then it's 3 each of 4 patterns. If four, then 4 each of 3 patterns and if 6, then it's 6 each of 2 patterns.

I think that Mark has referred to this before, but it opens up some flexibility for swaps where there may not be a full 12 members that want to/are able to participate.

Perhaps, food for thought.

Chris (ChrisinselwynNZ) and I just started up a mini-swap; his classic NZ streamers and my older English and North American Salmon fly patterns. Like Cesar, he's already way ahead of me!