View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Kenai River King Count;

Larry,

No one is talking about closing the river at this point. It is still early but since my first experience with salmon here was in 1989 and I have been paying very close attention for the past six years I can say that things are not getting better.

I like to fish in the Little Su, in 2007 (the last year the state counted kings there) there were (7), that's seven, king salmon that made it to the weir above the Parks Highway. The biggest count in recent years was back in the 90's and it was under 700. I realize that the Little Su is not the premier king salmon fishery in the state but when you talk to someone who is over 70 years old and has fished it for 40 years the fact is clear that there used to be a bunch of kings. Now you don't even need the fingers of both hands to count the survivors.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;