View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Kenai River King Count;

I was in Anchorage from 1974 to 1977 and the Little Sue was not known for its King fishing then. We fished Deep Creek coast in May and the Kenai River in early June for Kings. There were good numbers back then. Forty pound Kings were the norm and much bigger was expected. That is a shame that the Kenai counts are so low. I am thinking it is too early for the Reds.

I was fishing the Kenai when the State decided that the max horsepower on the river would be lowered to 35. Some of the guides with custom built inboard jets had a fit. Everyone had to detune their boats and have them certified by a mechanic. It seemed that the lower HP was a lot better for the river.

Frank