View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 10:30 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New Fly-Tying Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
OK,

Here's the deal Neil I have never had the motive and opportunity to say that to someone named Neil.
Well, it's been hard, Ard, not to do the same ;-)

Many thanks for your advice on lights and other topics. One of the great things about this forum is the ability to tap into the great depth of knowledge that you and others offer.

Neil (as in "deal")

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
Just buy a these and a pair of reading glasses...
Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Seriously... I need a LOT of light, and white light. I've found that most of the LED flashlights have a blue light, so I'd look into that.
Frank,

Good point about the blue light. I find that with current flashlights, which all seem to use LEDs, that they don't illuminate all that well for my old eyes.

Neil

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinselwynNZ View Post
Just looking at it it seems a bit small and I have found that a light that you can move around is great (it seems too close to the vice too maybe good for traviling tho) mine is a 50/100watt halogen that I can have well away and it still gives good light

Chris
Chris,

You make a good point. However, my current MacKenzie only has a 16" gooseneck, which doesn't get the light all that far away from the fly, particularly when mounted on my Peak vise's Accessory Shaft.

Neil