View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 07:42 AM

michaeln is a jewel in the roughmichaeln is a jewel in the roughmichaeln is a jewel in the rough
Default re: Truckee river (CA not NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrx View Post
yep, the wind is a bummer, makes it tough to cast.

Sunday:
We went up on the north east corner Sunday AM, caught a couple nice ones, got ate alive by skeeters, and then had to fight the wind on top of that.
Were you in Mosquito Slough?

Quote:
All I can say is take your bug spray if your gonna fish the alcoves
I keep two bottles onboard, the Cutter's Advanced non-DEET stuff and some of the full-bore nasty 100% DEET "Jungle Juice" from REI. The Jungle Juice always works, if I am smart enough to apply it thoroughly. It even worked when I was in Alaska, and those have to be the most aggressive 'skeeters in the world.

Quote:
We packed up after an hour or so and went over to eagle point (got the wind to our backs), and fished the little coves there. Pulled in four more. A couple stockers and a couple holdovers in the 1.5 to 2 lb range.
I caught one (est 4lbs) at Eagle Point (actually, one cove south of there) when I was there last. I am planning on trying to fish there in the evenings on this weekend's trip, wind permitting. Should be a good midge area with the mud bottom.

I hope.

Quote:
the trollers were telling me the ever wonderful Dick Nite was striking out and the only thing they saw fish caught on was some big old lures that dollard has for sale - a red nose dace pattern of some kind.
The Ed Dillard fishing report finally removed the "Fishing continues to be superb." phrase. ;-)