View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 03:31 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Seeking info....

Hi Fishstick,

I don't own a Fish Cat but do have experience with a similar boat. The Fish cat 9 IR looks good and has some good things going for it. The best of which is it is made by Outcast. Their boats have a very good reputation. I think the 9' length is about right for a one-man boat. You will appreciate the rocker design if you fish rivers. You will be able to spin it with little effort. It has good valves. Here are some things to think about.

1. It is a steel frame and if it gets scratched it will rust. You can control this by keep you eye out for scratches and repairing them. It is powder coated and the paint is tough. There are other boats with Aluminum or Stainless frames. I like stainless.

2. It looks like there is only one position for the oars. If the seat is adjustable that shouldn't be a problem.

3. The top fabric is 600 denier PVC and the bottom is 900. Some boats have a heavier fabric. I don't know that this is a problem.

Click the image to open in full size.