Thread: Winston rods
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 04:59 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winston rods

I agree with MP on Winston rods.

They make a quality product and although the argument can be made that purchasing a foreign made rod may take jobs away from Americans (an argument that, like most of you, I'm sympathetic to), the act of making a rod offshore does not, in an of itself, mean that it's an inferior product. If Winston keeps their quality standards in place, then in my opinion, there shouldn't be a lot of concern about whether the rod is well made or not. Every company is the arbiter of the quality of its own products; regardless of the location of manufacture. High quality standards generally translate into good products, low quality standards, the opposite.

I was looking for a good dry fly rod about a month ago. I went with a 9'0" Winston BIIt 5wt. and it's turned out to be another great rod.

Pocono