View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 12:59 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Re: Small Mods = BIG differences

Thanks Jimmie, that rootbeer color does look nice right? the nymphs are more easily tested than the drys. I simply put the test case together in a cast and switch them around every other fish hookup...eg. new fly leading/old fly on the tip and then switch...to make sure its not the possition of the fly in the grouping that makes the difference.

On the drys, I'll fish one in a run and the other in the next run above knowing that both hold fish. I also was casting that stimulator up into a couple pool tails and after fishing the old one with only a couple strikes, switched to the new and got three in five casts. All within about 15 minutes time. That happened two days in a row in two seperate tailouts. I have other dry fly "improvements" but I don't have any numbers on them. the last three weeks, its been the end of march browns and cahills starting up. the Stoneflies (both gold, black and brown heli's) are coming off in a big way so the stemulators bring some violent (jump out of the water three inches) kind of hits. What a ball

My son and I landed 45 trout in 2 days last week. 75% and all 15 of his (including a hat trick for him on Wednesday) were on that prince size 8 & 10.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.